Sunday, August 28, 2011

David Abeles on Marrying His Dream Girl and Making Music in Million Dollar Quartet

Age & Hometown: “The most grown up I’ve ever been,” Danville, CA

Current Role: Going great balls of fire as a young Jerry Lee Lewis in the off-Broadway production of Million Dollar Quartet.

Piano Man: After hearing Abeles attack the piano as rockabilly legend Jerry Lee Lewis, it’s no surprise to learn he started lessons at age four. “I continued against my will until I was 12,” he recalls, "then quit for a year before realizing I really missed it." His musically inclined parents were always supportive of Abeles and his two younger siblings, also performers (“psychiatrists would have a field day with us,” he quips), but not overly strict. “My dad was stricter about baseball, once he found out I could play,” the actor says. Abeles was recruited to play Division I baseball, but suffered a torn rotator cuff his senior year in high school. He majored in piano at Emory before switching to voice and finally ending up with, go figure, an English degree. “Maybe I’ll start writing one of these days,” he says. “It’s just song lyrics so far.”

I’m On Fire: Once Abeles decided to become an actor, he attacked it with ...

Source: http://www.broadway.com/shows/million-dollar-quartet/buzz/157452/david-abeles-on-marrying-his-dream-girl-and-making-music-in-million-dollar-quartet/

chicago tourism

No comments:

Post a Comment