Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Danielle Hope on Jumping from Reality TV to the Lead in London's The Wizard of Oz

Nineteen-year-old Danielle Hope is the latest performer to have landed a starring role in a big-budget West End musical via reality TV. Hope won out over some 9,000 girls to become “the people’s Dorothy” in The Wizard of Oz, a project masterminded by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Now settled into her run at London’s Palladium Theatre, the charming, clearly intelligent newcomer took time during a day off to talk TV renown, her love of New York and how it feels to sing “Over the Rainbow” live on stage.

You’ve been playing Dorothy for almost four months now. How are you settling in?
I’ve actually been moving today, to a place that's more of a home. My new accommodation is a small, split-level property with a staircase, and there’s nothing like a good old staircase, is there? [Laughs.] The other flat had a really weird controlled air system which was completely drying my voice. I’m still only renting, though, and don’t want to be tied down. If I did ever get to go to New York, I want to be able to pack my bags and go! I'd love to get over ...

Source: http://www.broadway.com/shows/wizard-oz/buzz/156852/danielle-hope-on-jumping-from-reality-tv-to-the-lead-in-londons-the-wizard-of-oz/

chicago bears pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment