Sunday, June 26, 2011

Rachel Potter on Her Country Music Ambitions and Going Grim as The Addams Family's Wednesday

Age & Hometown: “Old enough to drink”; Seminole, FL

Current Role: Making her Broadway debut as dour daughter Wednesday Addams in The Addams Family.

Disney Roots: Potter’s parents met in a rock 'n' roll band, so it was only a matter of time before she began taking voice lessons from her mother. And yet “theater wasn’t even on my radar,” she says now. “I wanted to be a recording artist and used to design my own album covers when I was a kid.” That changed when Potter headed to Orlando for college and landed a job performing as The Little Mermaid’s Ariel at Disney World. “I feel like I received most of my education at 'Disney University,'” she says fondly. The actress continued to play dress-up when she joined the Wicked national tour as a Glinda understudy. “I fell out of the bubble my first time on,” she laughs. “It was terribly embarrassing, but [the performance] still felt so special.”

Wednesday Every Day: Transitioning from peppy Glinda to gloomy Wednesday wasn’t a drastic change, according to Potter. A veteran of beauty pagents, she recalls, “I was never really like the other girls. I was a little darker ...

Source: http://www.broadway.com/shows/the-addams-family/buzz/156863/rachel-potter-on-her-country-music-ambitions-and-going-grim-as-the-addams-familys-wednesday/

chicago bears history

No comments:

Post a Comment