Friday, December 17, 2010

Playtime's the Thing in 2011 for Mamma Mia! Star Lisa Brescia

As the curtain goes down on 2010, Broadway.com is looking ahead to the new year. We’ve asked the brightest stars on Broadway to reflect on their personal highlights from the past year and to reveal their hopes for 2011. Check out what they had to say, and have a Happy New Year!

LISA BRESCIA (Donna Sheridan in Mamma Mia!)

Highlight of 2010: “I have to pick just one? Having gotten married on New Year's Eve 2009 to my partner of nine years (Broadway composer/lyricist Craig Carnelia), I have to say it's living our first year of marriage together. Artistically it's been a transformative year, too, but my husband deserves to be, and is, 'the highlight.’”

Resolution for 2011: “At the risk of sounding trite, I want to continue to practice being more fully present. Onstage, we are required to stay ‘in the moment,’ but offstage I often find myself absent, letting chunks of time go by as I obsess about the past or future. Too many opportunities to fully connect with others have been lost that way. Oh, and I want to have a lot of fun this year. However it manifests. The more ...

Source: http://www.broadway.com/shows/mamma-mia/buzz/154664/playtimes-the-thing-in-2011-for-mamma-mia-star-lisa-brescia/

chicago travel

No comments:

Post a Comment