Monday, December 20, 2010

Reeve Carney on the Pressure and Pleasure of Starring in Spider-Man

Age & Hometown: 27. New York City.

Currently: Swinging into his first Broadway show as your friendly neighborhood webslinger in Julie Taymor’s mega-musical, Spider-Man, Turn Off the Dark.

His Spidey Sense: Like any kid, Carney dreamed of being a superhero. “I loved comic books and was always doing stunts. I wanted to be a cartoon artist at one point.” He even remembers drawing copies of Spider-Man comic covers and selling them at an elementary school fair. Though he still enjoys drawing, Carney followed the path of his musician parents and, by age 15, was playing guitar professionally at B.B. King’s nightclub in L.A. “It was a novelty in a way: ‘Hey, look at that kid playing the guitar,’" he says now, “but I’m so grateful, because it helped me grow as a musician and equipped me with the tools I needed to be here on Broadway and in front of an audience. I didn't want to be perceived as a musician trying to act.”

Making the Band: Carney eventually formed an eponomous band alongside his brother Zane, bass player Aiden Moore and drummer Jon Epcar, all of whom appear onstage in the Spider-Man band. “My ...

Source: http://www.broadway.com/shows/spider-man-turn-off-the-dark/buzz/154647/reeve-carney-on-the-pressure-and-pleasure-of-starring-in-spider-man/

chicago movie review

No comments:

Post a Comment